About Me

My photo
I have been married to my incredible hubby for 14 years. We have four rowdy, growing boys. I love to gather ideas from other mommies and books. My heart is to share some of these with you and encourage you in this adventure.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Prayer for Being Even Tempered

I would love to say I never lose it with my children. I would love to say that I never ever raise my voice or have a stern tone. The truth is this is an area God has showed me my "triggers" and He has helped me get a list of scriptures to use when I am feeling on the edge. He has shown me that I am less patient with the boys when I am tired or when my schedule is too full. I will share the scriptures I pray over at the end of this blog entry.
I would like to take a moment to pray for my children from the book of Proverbs. God, I pray that all of my children will be "even tempered". I pray they will refrain from being short tempered or hot tempered. God please help my children to be sensible, patient, and to demonstrate self control. When my children are angered, help them to find healthy ways to deal with their emotions. I pray they will choose gentleness and kindness each time. Help them to be drawn to friends that are even tempered and not short tempered.
Here are the scriptures I pray over often for myself. I have titled them "Mommy Notes".

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." Eph 4:2

"When she speaks her words are wise and kindness is the rule." Proverbs 31:26

"...clothe yourselves (daily) with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Col 3:12

"The Godly think before speaking." Proverbs 15:28

"So think clearly and exercise self-control." 1 Peter 1:13

"Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another just as God through Christ has forgiven you." Eph 5:31

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Your anger can never make things right in God's sight." James 11:19,20

"Don't sin by letting anger control you." Psalm 4:4

"A fool gives full vent to anger but a wise person quietly holds back." Proverbs 29:11




3 comments:

  1. Steph, thanks for the encouragement and scriptures. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to be honest - this week I'm off to a fresh new start on the patience end of things around here. Thank you for your honesty and encouragement! Love your verses - I'm going to print them out and stick them on my forehead and write them on my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn...thank u bunches, it means a lot
    A...Thank u for sharing! U r an amazing mom

    ReplyDelete

Followers